Information from WYSH Radio
A house on Carden Road in Clinton was destroyed by a Sunday afternoon fire.
Clinton Fire Chief Archie Brummitt told WYSH Radio in Clinton that the residents of 194 Carden Road had been getting ready to cook “dipping dogs” and had left grease in a pan on the stove to warm up while they ran to the store for a few last-minute items.
When they returned, their house was on fire.
Firefighters reported heavy black smoke coming from under the eaves of the house and flames coming from the back of the structure. CUB cut the power to the home, and fire crews began attacking the blaze from outside the house and on the interior. The firefighters inside were ordered out after the incident commanders determined that the fire was spreading quickly through the attic, which could have led to a ceiling collapse. [Read more…]