Information from WYSH Radio
ANDERSON COUNTYâ€”A Sunday morning fire on Sulphur Springs Road injured no one but caused significant damage to the roof and laundry room of the home.
The house was fully engulfed in flames when Anderson County Sheriff’s Department deputies arrived on the scene shortly after 10 a.m., and the blaze was extinguished by crews from the Marlow and Medford volunteer fire departments.
Homeowner Buster Phillips told authorities that he had heard a loud pop come from the laundry room. When he went to investigate, Phillips said, he saw a large fire behind the dryer. He and the other occupant of the house made it out safely.
It was apparently the home ofÂ Office on Aging Executive Director Cherie Phillips. WYSH reported on Wednesday that CherieÂ PhillipsÂ lost her home to a fire on Sunday morning, and a GoFundMe page has been set up to help the family. [Read more…]