Note: This story was last updated at 10 a.m. June 16.
An Oak Ridge man and woman and their dog escaped from a fire that heavily damaged a home on Wayside Road on Wednesday afternoon, authorities said.
The fire was reported at about 5:32 p.m. Wednesday.
The couple and their dog were reported to be out of the house and in a neighbor’s yard when firefighters arrived. No injuries were reported.
The fire appeared to have started at a propane grill on a back porch, although the cause hasn’t been determined, said Eric Rackard, Oak Ridge Fire Department battalion chief. [Read more…]