The Tennessee Valley Corridor National Summit in Oak Ridge in May will feature presentations on advanced manufacturing, clean energy and a nuclear renaissance, and national security and cyber security.
The 2018 TVC National Summit is scheduled from May 29-31 at the New Hope Center at the Y-12 National Security Complex in Oak Ridge. It will be hosted by Oak Ridge Mayor Warren Gooch in cooperation with U.S. Representative Chuck Fleischmann.
Agenda topics include:
- Clean Energy—Reviving America’s Nuclear Renaissance
- Hosted by: Joel Duling, president of Nuclear Fuel Services Inc., TVC board member
- Advanced Manufacturing—Cars to Spacecraft—Building the Future
- Presenting Sponsor: Dynetics
- Hosted by: Mark Gradkowski, executive vice president of strategic business development and acquisitions, Teledyne Brown Engineering, TVC board member
- America’s National Security—TVC Leadership Making a Global Impact
- Presenting Sponsor: Navarro Research & Engineering Inc.
- Hosted by: Teresa Robbins, deputy manager, National Nuclear Security Administration Production Office
- Meeting the Cyber Security Challenge—Strategies for Winning our Newest War
- Presenting Sponsor: Protection Strategies Inc.
- Hosted by: Kris McGuire, chief executive officer, Victory Solutions, TVC board member
- The 21st Century Workforce—New Models for Life-Long Learning
- Presenting Sponsor: Jacobs
- Hosted by: Stacey Patterson, vice president for research, outreach, and economic development, University of Tennessee, TVC board member
There is a list of more than 30 speakers and panelists already scheduled for the summit. Besides Fleischmann, they include U.S. Senator Lamar Alexander and Representative Marsha Blackburn, Todd May of NASA Marshall Space Flight Center, Thomas Zacharia of Oak Ridge National Laboratory, and Morgan Smith of Consolidated Nuclear Security, which manages and operates the Y-12 National Security Complex. There are also leaders from Oak Ridge Associated Universities, UCOR, Volkswagen Group of America, U.S. Department of Energy, Tennessee Tech University, Roane State Community College, Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education, Nuclear Energy Institute, Eastman, and Auburn University.
Learn more on the TVC website here.
More information will be added as it becomes available.
Do you appreciate this story or our work in general? If so, please consider a monthly subscription to Oak Ridge Today. See our Subscribe page here. Thank you for reading Oak Ridge Today.
Copyright 2018 Oak Ridge Today. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.