All students new to Oak Ridge Schools need to register at their respective schools Monday, July 10, through Wednesday, July 19, from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Parents who pre-registered kindergartners in May also need to complete the registration process on those dates.
Registration for new students in grades 9-12 will be made by appointment only. For more information regarding high school registration, please contact the registrar at (865) 425-9524. Information necessary for new student registration includes the following:
- Child’s birth certificate (a certified copy for school records, not the hospital copy or mother’s copy)
- Child’s Social Security number (optional)
- Health insurance provider
- The Tennessee Department of Health Certificate of Immunization available from your doctor or Health Department consisting of two parts:
- Immunizations—A Tennessee Department of Health Certificate of Immunization form showing the complete dates (month, day, and year) immunizations were administered.
- Health examination—A physical examination is required for all children entering Tennessee schools (K-12). Oak Ridge Schools require a physical examination current since January 1 of the year the student will enter kindergarten. Students entering the seventh grade will also need to provide proof of the T-dap immunization.
- Grades 1-12 only—Provide the name, address, and phone number of the school(s) where your child previously attended or provide report cards or withdrawal forms.