To celebrate Halloween, the Children’s Museum of Oak Ridge will host a Not-So-Scary Spooktacular Event from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Friday, Oct. 31. Young visitors are invited to create their own trick-or-treat bags before visiting the exhibits. Activities are free with admission.
Among events at the museum will be:
- Trick or treat bag decorating, 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Great Pumpkin Scavenger Hunt, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Spider Swamp Maze, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Ghost Bubbles in the Garden, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Flashlight Rainforest Walk, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Spooky Story Time, 11 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.
- Crazy Costume Parade, 11 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.
- Mad Scientist Lab, 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Glowing Tunnel, 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
The Children’s Museum, 461 West Outer Dr., Oak Ridge, is open from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesday through Friday, from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, and from 1-4 p.m. Sunday. General admission is $8 for adults, $7 for seniors ages 62 and older, and $6 for children ages 3-18. Admission is free for children under 3 and museum members. For more information, call the museum at (865) 482-1074 or see the web site at www.childrensmuseumofoakridge.org.