No one was injured when a smoker cooking a pork butt for Easter dinner started a fire on a back porch and at the rear of a home on East Wolf Valley Road on Sunday evening, authorities said.
The fire was reported sometime around 5 p.m. Sunday at 914 East Wolf Valley Road in Heiskell, according to an Anderson County Sheriff’s Department incident report.
A resident was cooking the pork butt for Easter dinner, the report said. A family member heard the fire alarm go off, and flames were visible from the back porch area of the home. The back porch and rear of the home were both found to be on fire, Deputy Christopher E. Paul said in the report.
The smoker is suspected as the cause, Paul said.
More information will be added as it becomes available.
Do you appreciate this story or our work in general? If so, please consider a monthly subscription to Oak Ridge Today. See our Subscribe page here. Thank you for reading Oak Ridge Today.
Copyright 2017 Oak Ridge Today. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.