A Tuesday evening stove fire caused an estimated $50,000 worth of damage to a Jasper Lane home, Oak Ridge Fire Chief Darryl Kerley said.
The stove was turned off when the accidental blaze started at about 7:35 p.m. Tuesday, Kerley said.
No humans were hurt, but a family cat died, he said.
Kerley said the home at at 113 Jasper Lane was damaged by heat and smoke.
He said firefighters are trying to find the cause. It could be related to the stove design and the material behind the stove, which was plywood, as opposed to drywall, Kerley said.
He said firefighters extinguished the blaze within about one minute of arriving at the scene.
The fire chief said the American Red Cross helped find the family of four who lives there find a place to stay Tuesday night.
It was one of three fires Tuesday evening and early Wednesday morning.
There was also a dryer fire at 206 Outer Drive and a utility pole fire near Gettysburg and Northwestern avenues in Woodland, Kerley said. The dryer fire at 12:30 a.m. Wednesday did not spread beyond the machine, and no one was injured.