ASAP partners with local providers to educate on opioid alternatives
ASAP of Anderson is hosting a bi-monthly Opioid Alternatives Lunch and Learn Series at Methodist Medical Center. Each Lunch and Learn will provide information about a specific opioid alternative treatment from a qualified professional, a press release said.
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) on April 23
- Massage Therapy on June 25
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction on August 27
- Physical Therapy/Wellness on October 29
- Acupuncture on December 17
The Opioid Alternatives Lunch and Learn Series is a follow-on to two continuing medical education trainings hosted by ASAP in March 2018 and early March 2019, the press release said. These trainings covered opioid prescribing and pain management, including behavioral aspects of pain management. [Read more…]