NORRIS—No injuries were reported but a cat died after a kitchen fire in a Norris home last Friday, authorities said. The cause of the fire isn’t known, but authorities said it might have started at a laptop in the kitchen.
The fire was reported at 169 Garden Road at 9:48 a.m. Friday, February 19.
Norris Fire Department firefighters saw heavy smoke when they arrived, according to an incident report. The fire was in the kitchen and had not spread to other areas of the home, the report said. Firefighters were able to extinguish it. [Read more…]