NORRIS—No injuries were reported but a cat died after a kitchen fire in a Norris home last Friday, authorities said. The cause of the fire isn’t known, but authorities said it might have started at a laptop in the kitchen.
The fire was reported at 169 Garden Road at 9:48 a.m. Friday, February 19.
Norris Fire Department firefighters saw heavy smoke when they arrived, according to an incident report. The fire was in the kitchen and had not spread to other areas of the home, the report said. Firefighters were able to extinguish it.
The cat died from smoke inhalation, the report said.
The Andersonville Fire Department and Anderson County Emergency Medical Services responded to help the Norris Fire Department.
The home is owned by Benita O’Dell of Norris.
More information will be added as it becomes available.
Copyright 2016 Oak Ridge Today. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.