The cleanup will be costly forÂ a local restaurant and its sister restaurant in Knoxville after they were hit byÂ an overnight scam related to their fire alarm and fire suppression system, authorities said.
Here’s how the scam worked, according to Oak Ridge Deputy Fire Chief Josh Waldo:Â â€œAn individual called both of the restaurants and indicated that there was a gas leak in the building and instructed the workers to activate their commercial fire suppression system and their fire alarm system and then break out a window for ventilation. This is a scam that has been pulled off before in town and in other jurisdictions as well.”
A press release from the City of Oak Ridge there was no problem at either restaurant, but the activation of the suppression system and ensuing cleanup will be costly for both businesses as they will be closed until repairs are made. [Read more…]