Information from WYSH Radio
A dog was killed in a house fire on Friday afternoon in Briceville.
The fire at the home on Duncan Road was reported at around 3 p.m. Friday, and it was put out by crews from the Briceville Volunteer Fire Department.
The homeowner, Eric Harris, was the only human at home at the time of the fire, and he was able to get out safely. However, a dog was not able to make it out and died in the blaze.
Harris said that he had heard a loud sound outside his window and had looked out to find his front porch on fire. His wife told firefighters that they typically hung heat lamps on and underneath the porch for their outside dogs in cold weather, and firefighters, in turn, told deputies that the fire appeared to have started in that area.