UT-Battelle has donated $100,000 to the capital campaign for the proposed expansion of East Tennessee Childrenâ€™s Hospital in Knoxville.
The announcement was made during groundbreaking ceremonies for the expanded facility, a press release said. The planned expansion includes:
- 250,000 square feet of new space;
- a new neonatal intensive care unit with private rooms;
- a new inpatient/outpatient-surgery center;
- a family lounge and resource center overlooking a rooftop garden;
- 60,000 square feet of renovated space to include a chapel, laboratory, and a neonatal abstinence syndrome care unit and resource center; and
- a specialty clinic for diabetes, cleft palate, cystic fibrosis, and healthy ways weight management program.