The section of South Illinois Avenue between Bethel Valley Road and Lafayette Drive remains closed after a crash knocked over a high-voltage transmission tower on Friday afternoon, the Oak Ridge Police Department said Saturday morning.
The ORPD posted a roadway update at 10 a.m. Saturday. Officers advised drivers to seek alternate routes and expect delays.
Police expect the road to remain closed throughout the evening. Both northbound and southbound lanes are blocked.
Here are detour routes:
Northbound (toward Knoxville)
- Turn onto Scarboro Road from South Illinois Avenue
- Turn left onto Bethel Valley Road
- Merge onto South Illinois Avenue
- From South Illinois Avenue, turn left onto Lafayette Drive
- Turn right onto Emory Valley Road
- Turn right onto Edgemoor Road and follow to South Illinois Avenue
Southbound (from Knoxville):
- Take Bethel Valley Road from South Illinois Avenue
- Turn right onto Scarboro Road to South Illinois Avenue
- Take the Edgemoor Road exit from South Illinois Avenue
- Turn left onto Melton Lake Drive
- Turn left onto Emory Valley Road or Oak Ridge Turnpike