The Clinton Public Library has canceled programs scheduled between March 13 and March 30, and a new Curbside Delivery service has been announced.
It’s part of a prevention and response plan that the library has developed in response to the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic.
Here is what the library is doing:
- Items in the children’s room such as puzzles, games, crayons, and coloring sheets have been removed until further notice.
- Plastic bins have been placed throughout the library for public use. Please place any materials that have been handled in the closest bin for sanitation.
- Programs scheduled between March 13 and March 30 have been canceled. All scheduled events can be changed or canceled at any point. All cancellations will be announced via social media or through the library’s text service.
- o Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clintonpubliclibrary/
- o Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/clintonlibrary/
- o Twitter: https://twitter.com/Clinton_Pub_Lib
- o Remind Text Service: http://clintonpubliclibrary.org/remind-text-service/
- If you or anyone in your household is exhibiting signs of illness, please refrain from visiting the library. If your materials are due, call the library at (865) 457-0519, and they will renew the items. No late fees will be charged for overdue items if you are ill.
- At the discretion of the person, technology one-on-ones can still be scheduled with the library’s tech trainer, but patrons are advised to reschedule or cancel their appointment if they start exhibiting signs of illness.
Please note that staff at the library is regularly disinfecting all high-traffic areas of the library, including surfaces, computers, door knobs, light switches, and more. Hand sanitizer will be located at the front desk.
The Clinton Public Library follows the schedule of the Anderson County Courthouse. So, if the courthouse closes, the library will too. Until that time, the library will remain open.
“The COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic is still a developing situation,” a press release said. “We are using the above steps as precautionary measures to keep our more vulnerable community members well. To keep current on all developing information pertaining to library closings, please follow us on social media.
“As always, we appreciate your support in our efforts. We encourage people to be vigilant, wash your hands, and stay safe. To assist you we have a short list of resources with more information on the coronavirus, the Center for Disease Control, and the World Health Organization. The Clinton Public Library staff is not qualified to advise patrons on matters of healthcare, so please visit the resources below for more information.
- CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- WHO: https://www.who.int/
- Tennessee Department of Health: https://www.tn.gov/health/cedep/ncov.html
Introducing curbside service
Effective immediately, the library will be instituting a new service called Curbside Delivery. The service will be available from 12-5 p.m. weekdays.
To use Curbside Delivery:
- Place an item on reserve on the online catalog at https://clpl.agverso.com/home?cid=clpl&lid=clpl.
- When the item becomes available, a librarian will contact you. Once you are notified, you can pick up your items any time 12-5 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- A parking space will be set aside for the Curbside Delivery Service. The library asks everyone to please leave this space open for Curbside Delivery users. Please call the library phone number at (865) 457-0519 when you have arrived, and a librarian will bring you your materials.
- When picking up materials through Curbside, please have your library card or photo identification ready. Items will not be released to patrons without identification.
- You may also return items through Curbside. To return items, park in a Curbside designated space and call the library at (865) 457-0519. A librarian will come to take your materials.
- Please note: You will not be able to pay fines through Curbside Delivery. If you have fines you want to take care of, you must come inside the library. If your account or your household’s account has fines exceeding $5.00, you will not be able to check out books. Your fines need to be under $5.00 to check out any items from the library.