A fire destroyed a home on Andy’s Ridge Road between Briceville and Rocky Top on Friday evening, authorities said.
Anderson County Sheriff’s Department deputies responded to the call at about 6:51 p.m. Friday.
When Deputy Gregory Hoyt Stanley arrived, he found the house fully engulfed in flames, according to an Anderson County Sheriff’s Department incident report. The Briceville Volunteer Fire Department was already there trying to extinguish the blaze.
The resident of the home told deputies that he had been across the street at his mother’s house for a few minutes when he realized that his house was on fire, according to the incident report.
The man said he thought the fire started in the living room, and there was a space heater there, the report said. The man said his mother owned the house that burned.
The house appeared to be a total loss, according to the incident report, and the value of the loss was estimated at $20,000.
No injuries were reported in the fire.
It’s the second fire in Anderson County this month that was possibly related to the use of a space heater. The other was on January 1 in Marlow.
More information will be added as it becomes available.
Do you appreciate this story or our work in general? If so, please consider a monthly subscription to Oak Ridge Today. See our Subscribe page here. Thank you for reading Oak Ridge Today.
Copyright 2018 Oak Ridge Today. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.