Two people escaped and did not need medical treatment during a Monday night fire in Marlow, authorities said.
The fire was reported at 8:10 p.m. Monday in an occupied mobile home at 113 Melissa Lane in Ben’s Home Center in Marlow, said Stephanie Fox, chief of the Marlow Volunteer Fire Department.
It was a fully involved structure fire, Fox said. Firefighters used defensive firefighting measures, staying outside the structure and trying to prevent the fire from spreading.
The fire spread to a vehicle at the residence, which was near other mobile homes, and firefighters kept the blaze from spreading to another nearby mobile home, Fox said.
The fire appears to be from heating equipment, possibly from a space heater, Fox said.
Firefighters were at the home until 11 p.m. Marlow did not have to call other fire departments for help, but the Anderson County Sheriff’s Department and Anderson County EMS both responded. Marlow is in Anderson County north of Oak Ridge.
The two residents did not need treatment, Fox said.
Fox advised residents to use caution when they decide where to locate a space heater and to also “keep an eye on them (the heaters) in general.”
More information will be added as it becomes available.
Do you appreciate this story or our work in general? If so, please consider a monthly subscription to Oak Ridge Today. See our Subscribe page here. Thank you for reading Oak Ridge Today.
Copyright 2017 Oak Ridge Today. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.