Oak Ridge senior Tyler Boullie had the second-fastest qualifying time for the boys 800-meter run in the state championship track and field meet in Murfreesboro this week. And he is also on the Wildcats’ boys 4×800-meter relay team that had the third-fastest qualifying time in Tennessee.
Boullie had a time of 1:56.04 in the 800-meter run at the Section I track and field finals at Science Hill High School in Johnson City on Saturday, May 14. Kenton Bachmann, a sophomore at Hardin Valley Academy, had the fastest time, but at 1:55.99, he finished only 0.05 seconds ahead of Boullie. Two other East Tennessee seniors, Bruce Boles of West and Josh Routh of Daniel Boone, rounded out the top four qualifying spots, or seeds, coming in third and fourth respectively in Division I Class AAA.
The Oak Ridge boys 4×800-meter relay team qualified with a time of 8:05.88. Two other East Tennessee high schools are the top two seeds: Science Hill with a time of 7:57.32 and Daniel Boone at 8:01.03. (Daniel Boone is in Gray, which is between Kingsport and Johnson City.)
The Oak Ridge boys 4×800-meter relay team finished third at the Section I championship at Science Hill on May 14, when the Wildcats qualified for state in seven events. Besides Boullie, the other 4×800 relay team members are sophomore Jose Villegas, senior Thomas Colburn, junior Jacob Etheridge, and alternate Reid Dukes, a junior.
The Oak Ridge boys will also compete at Middle Tennessee State University in Murfreesboro this week in the:
- long jump, where senior Jordan Hardy is the number 12 seed with a jump of 20-04.50;
- 3,200-meter run, where Villegas is the number 12 seed with a time of 9:57.14; and
- 4×100-meter relay, where the Wildcats are the 12th seed with a time of 43.80. That team includes senior Caleb Downard, senior Jaeshawn Maddox, sophomore Tony Miller, and freshman Jordan Graham.
Oak Ridge freshman Kate Hausladen is the only ninth-grader competing in the girls 100-meter hurdles, where she is the 15th seed. Hausladen is the 10th seed in the 300-meter hurdles and the only Wildcat in the girls’ events.
Anderson County freshman Brittany Bishop qualified in the girls pole vault with the second highest jump, an 11-foot jump. The top seed is junior Taylor Pickett of Brentwood, who had a jump of 11-03.00.
Other nearby top three finishers in qualifying for either the girls or boys events in the state track and field meet on Thursday and Friday in Murfreesboro are:
- Destiny Carey, a senior at Farragut, who is the number two seed in the girls shot put with a throw of 42-09.00;
- Brittany Tolson, a senior at Powell, who is the number two seed in the girls 3,200-meter run with a time of 11:13.86 (West senior Megan Murray is the number one seed at 10:59.02); and
- Hardin Valley Academy, the number two seed in the girls 4×200-meter relay with a time of 1:42.86.
Other nearby schools competing in the boys events this week are:
- Karns—senior Stedman Love in the long jump (13th seed);
- Anderson County—senior Derek Flatford in the triple jump (12th seed), 110-meter hurdles (5th seed), and 300-meter hurdles (6th seed);
- Hardin Valley—junior Tim Frizzell in the shot put (10th seed), senior Riley Honken in the 300-meter hurdles (16th seed), and the 4×400-meter relay team (13th seed);
- Powell—senior Blake Jenkins in the discus throw (6th seed); and
- Bearden—junior Jacob Sobota in the pole vault (2nd seed) and long jump (6th seed), freshman Shawn Stacy in the high jump (1st seed), and sophomore Joshua Sobota in the shot put (8th seed) and discus throw (3rd seed).
Other nearby schools competing in the girls events this week are:
- Anderson County—junior Brandi Duff in the pole vault (12th seed), and senior Madison McCoy in the shot put (10th seed) and discus throw (7th seed);
- Bearden—junior Jenna Justus in the long jump (11th seed);
- Hardin Valley—junior Rebekah Hampton in the triple jump (10th seed), sophomore Lizzie Davis in the high jump (6th seed), junior Symphony Buxton in the shot put (6th seed), senior Reagan Goins in the 100-meter dash (5th seed), senior Neyasha Honorable (10th seed) and junior Maddie Jeske (16th seed) in the 400-meter dash, Davis in the 300-meter hurdles (14th seed), the 4×100-meter relay team (5th seed), the 4×400-meter relay team (5th seed), and the 4×800-meter relay team (6th seed);
- Farragut—senior Destiny Carey in the discus throw (6th seed) and senior Miranda Burt in the 200-meter dash (12th seed); and
- Powell—Tolson in the 1,600-meter run (8th seed).
You can see the Class AAA pentathlon qualifiers here. They include Rebekah Hampton, a junior at Hardin Valley.
More information will be added as it becomes available.
Copyright 2016 Oak Ridge Today. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.