Information from WYSH Radio
It was another busy weekend of local high school basketball.
On Friday at Clinton, the Anderson County Lady Mavericks pulled away from Clinton to win 45-29 in round one of the girls’ edition of the Crosstown Showdown.
Anderson County (5-12, 4-3 District 3-AAA) was led by Klarissa Roberts, who scored 11 points, and Brooklin McCoy, who tallied nine points and nine rebounds.
Clinton (3-13, 1-6) was led by Kelley Wandell with 16 points.
In the nightcap Friday, the Clinton Dragons edged Anderson County 54-47.
CHS (12-5, 3-4) was led by J’Quan Thomas’s 12 points, Tyler Thackerson’s 11—including his 1,000th career point—and Gavin Shelton with 10 points.
Anderson County was led by Grant Holt with 15 points and Riley Sexton with 11 as the Mavericks fell to 10-9, 0-7).
- Coalfield girls 47, Oliver Springs 46…Coalfield boys 86, Oliver Springs 85
- Kingston girls 45, Catholic 43…Catholic boys 58, Kingston 37
- Campbell County girls, 68 Gibbs 43…Campbell County boys 68, Gibbs 51
- Harriman girls 37, Rockwood 19…Harriman boys 57, Rockwood 42
- Hardin Valley girls 66, Karns 31…Karns boys 62, Hardin Valley 59
- Oneida girls 64, Sunbright 52…Sunbright boys 54, Oneida 51
- Scott County girls 60, Oakdale 46…Oakdale boys 53, Scott County 52
- Powell girls 68, Central 26…Central boys 89, Powell 80
On Saturday: Cordova (Memphis) boys, 72 Oak Ridge 59
The Oak Ridge boys and girls basketball teams, both undefeated in the district, play at home on Tuesday, January 12. The girls’ game starts at 6 p.m., and the boys’ game begins at 7:30.