Restoration Services Inc. and its voluntary Employee Outreach Committee have offered eight $1,000 college scholarships to “help students achieve their greatest potential through higher education,” a press release said.
Six scholarships were awarded to graduating high school students who will be attending college in the upcoming fall 2015 semester. The remaining two scholarships were awarded to children of RSI employees who are upcoming sophomores, juniors, or seniors currently enrolled in an accredited college for the 2015 fall semester. Scholarship recipients were selected from submitted applications that included academic accomplishments, community involvement and leadership roles, and an essay on current environmental threats.
The scholarship recipients entering college are:
- Morgan Cleveland, who graduated from Grace Christian Academy and will be attending the University of Mobile;
- Abby Colvais, who graduated from Oak Ridge High School and will be attending American University;
- Lonnie Goss, who graduated from Roane County High School and will be attending Tennessee Tech University;
- Jackson Lloyd, who graduated from Oak Ridge High School and will be attending the University of Tennessee;
- Dmitry Petrov, who graduated from Oak Ridge High School and will be attending the University of Tennessee; and
- Sierra Sims, who graduated from Farragut High School and will be attending the University of Tennessee.
Current college students receiving scholarships are Christian Ironside, who is attending Pellissippi State Community College, and Tyler Moore, who is attending Miami University.
RSI is an employee-owned, small business headquartered in Oak Ridge and providing services to customers in Oak Ridge, Portsmouth, Ohio, and Chattanooga that are focused on environmental cleanup, project controls, and beneficial site reuse, the press release said.
Copyright 2015 Oak Ridge Today. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.