Pairings for the football playoffs for the 2014 Division I BlueCross Bowl were posted on the Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association website on Saturday.
Thirty-two teams will compete in 16 games in the Class 5A playoffs next Friday. Winners advance to the second round on November 14.
Other District 3-AAA teams in the playoffs are Anderson County (8-2), Campbell County (8-2), Clinton (7-3), Knoxville Central (5-5), and Gibbs (5-5).
- Anderson County will play at home against Tennessee (7-3) on November 7,
- Campbell County will play at home against Morristown West (7-3),
- Clinton will play at Cleveland (5-5),
- Knoxville Central will play at Knoxville West (9-1), and
- Gibbs will play at South-Doyle (10-0).
Oak Ridge was listed as the number one seed in Quad 2 of the playoff bracket, and the Wildcats are expected to have home-field advantage through at least the quarterfinals if they advance that far.
Oak Ridge and Clinton, which are both in Quad 2, could conceivably play each other in the second round on November 14, depending upon the outcome of the first round. All the other District 3-AAA teams are in Quad 1, where South-Doyle is the number one seed.
Here is the playoff bracket:
See a PDF version here: 2014 Class 5A Football Playoff Bracket.