Information from WYSH Radio
A Sunday morning fire caused significant damage to a home on Park Avenue and sent one Clinton firefighter to the hospital for treatment of minor injuries.
The fire was reported at around 7:30 a.m. Sunday by homeowner Ralph Foster. Foster told authorities he had smelled a strange odor when he woke up and saw fire and smoke coming out of the attic vent and the chimney to his woodburning stove. Foster tried to fight the fire with his garden hose until the first Clinton Fire Department units arrived, and he was uninjured.
As firefighters tried to make entry into the home, an explosion most likely caused by a backdraft blew Firefighter J.C. Townsend backward about eight feet, resulting in a trip to the emergency room. Townsend was released about two and a half hours later and is back at work Tuesday, according to CFD Chief Archie Brummitt. [Read more…]