Information from WYSH Radio/Oak Ridge Today/Tom Scott
A woman who escaped a Tuesday morning fire with her son and dog told authorities she fell asleep with a cigarette in her hand.
The fire was reported at about 6:45 a.m. Tuesday on Smith Road in Anderson County, east of Oliver Springs in Marlow.
The 77-year-old woman who lives at the home woke up to her hand being burned, said the incident commander, Captain Jordan Alcorn of the Oliver Springs Fire Department.
She activated a Life Alert emergency alarm and fled the home with her son and small dog, said Alcorn, who is also an Oak Ridge firefighter. [Read more…]