Oak Ridge firefighters rescued a dog from a house after a kitchen fire produced intense smoke and flames inside the home on Thursday evening, authorities said.
A 911 caller reported the fire at 306 Faunce Lane at about 6:56 p.m. Thursday, April 7, the City of Oak Ridge said in a press release.
Fire and smoke was coming from the windows and attic of the home when the Oak Ridge Fire Department arrived, the press release said. Faunce Lane is off Florida Avenue in central Oak Ridge.
The homeowner, Bruce Mccullough, said he had placed cooking oil on the stove to begin cooking, the release said. He went into the living room and within moments heard popping and saw fire in the kitchen. [Read more…]