Information from WYSH Radio
A house fire displaced a Rocky Top area family on Wednesday night, but no one was injured, authorities said.
Firefighters from the Rocky Top and Medford fire departments responded to the fire, which was reported shortly after 8 p.m. Wednesday in Cumberland View Estates in Rocky Top.
Anderson County Sheriff”s Department deputies arrived on the scene as well and were told by the resident, Jennifer Hutchins, that she was getting ready to take a shower when she heard a popping noise from the kitchen. When she went to investigate, she saw the microwave and the oven on fire. Hutchins immediately grabbed her two children and got out of the house, authorities said. [Read more…]