By Oak Ridge High School Swim Coach Chad Hodge
The Oak Ridge High School swim team finished the regular season undefeated by beating Lenoir City 199-120, Halls 165-90, Catholic 193-129, Webb 198-88, and Maryville 171-142.
Amazingly, the team did this without ever having their full team at a single swim meet.
The Wildcats will be back in action at the KISL City Championships on Saturday, January 28, at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville.
Here are some of the regular season highlights:
- 81 of 106 total events were won by an Oak Ridge swimmer or an Oak Ridge relay team (76% win percentage).
- Oak Ridge never trailed in points at any time in a single swim meet.
- The Wildcats won 28 out of 32 relay events, including never losing the girls or boys medley relays or the girls or boys 4×100 free relays (88% win percentage).
- 24 state cuts were made, and 55 KISL cuts were made.
- Ella Kendall, Andrew Chou, and Stephen Zhukov won every individual and relay event at all five swim meets.
More information will be added as it becomes available.
Many news stories on Oak Ridge Today are free, brought to you by Oak Ridge Today with help from our advertisers, contributors, and subscribers. This is a free story. Thank you to our advertisers, contributors, and subscribers. You can see what we cover here.
Do you appreciate this story or our work in general? If so, please consider a monthly subscription to Oak Ridge Today. See our Subscribe page here. Thank you for reading Oak Ridge Today!
Alternatively, you can donate to support our work here. Thank you for your support!
Copyright 2023 Oak Ridge Today. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.