There is a chance of snow and cold, below-freezing temperatures on Sunday, according to the National Weather Service in Morristown.
The NWS has published several snowfall forecasts, based upon different probabilities.
The official NWS forecast shows less than an inch of snow is possible in the Oak Ridge area.
More snow, greater than 4 inches, is possible in areas north of Oak Ridge, such as Sunbright, Oneida, and Tazewell.
Here is the NWS forecast for Oak Ridge:
- Saturdayâ€”30% chance of showers, with a high near 44 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Saturday nightâ€”Chance of showers before midnight, then rain mainly after midnight. The chance of precipitation is 80%, and the low is forecast to be around 34.
- Sundayâ€”Rain and snow before 10 a.m., then snow between 10 and 11 a.m., followed by rain and snow after 11 a.m. The chance of precipitation is 90%, and the high is forecast near 36.
- Sunday nightâ€”A chance of rain and snow before 9 p.m., then a chance of snow showers. The chance of precipitation is 50%, with a low around 25.
- Mondayâ€”Partly sunny, with a high near 35.
More information will be added as it becomes available.
Most news stories on Oak Ridge Today are free, brought to you by Oak Ridge Today with help from our advertisers, contributors, and subscribers. This is a free story. Thank you to our advertisers, contributors, and subscribers. You can see what we cover here.
Do you appreciate this story or our work in general? If so, please consider a monthly subscription to Oak Ridge Today. See our Subscribe page here. Thank you for reading Oak Ridge Today!
Alternatively, you can donate to support our work here. Thank you for your support!
Copyright 2021 Oak Ridge Today.Â All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.