Oak Ridge senior Trent Howe finished third in the boys’ discus at the state championship track and field meet in Middle Tennessee on Thursday. Four Wildcats finished fifth in the boys’ 4×800-meter relay. And senior Adam Herron finished seventh in the 800-meter run.
Senior Eli Cox finished 10th in the boys’ 1600-meter run, and junior Jacob Berven finished 14th in the 100-meter dash.
Here are the results for the Oak Ridge Wildcats from the 2021 TSSAA State Track and Field Championships on Thursday. These results are for the boys in the Division I large schools.
- Oak Ridge senior Trent Howe—third in boys’ discus with a throw of 156 feet and one inch. Two other East Tennessee athletes, junior Eli Penix of Daniel Boone (164-04) and senior Ben Centers of William Blount (158-03), had the top two throws.
- Oak Ridge boys’ relay team (Eli Cox, Manuel Cruz, Eddie Moore, and Adam Herron)—fifth in boys’ 4×800-meter relay with a time of 8:05.81. The team was one second behind fourth-place finisher Hardin Valley Academy.
- Oak Ridge senior Adam Herron—seventh in boys’ 800-meter run with a time of 1:57.98. The fifth-, sixth-, and seventh-place runners crossed the finish line within less than 0.5 seconds of each other.
- Oak Ridge senior Eli Cox—10th in boys’ 1600-meter run with a time of 4:33.40.
- Oak Ridge junior Jacob Berven—14th in boys’ 100-meter dash with a time of 11.08. Berven was 0.01 second behind junior Mason Gudger of Greeneville and senior Eric Foley of John Overton.
The Wildcats missed graduation on Thursday, so Oak Ridge High School had a separate graduation ceremony Friday morning for the track athletes.