Young Hogan Etheridge (December 9, 1943-May 12, 2019): A man without limit, with original energy. Out of Ashley County, Arkansas toward Raasay, Edinburgh, Dublin, Paris, and others; seeking things true and untrue, unafraid to know; telling tall tales, unconstrained by “facts”; drinking Beaujolais Nouveau, fully breathing the grapes and the land; whistling unmistakably; endlessly reading Pratchett, Twain, Rowling, Dickens, Doyle, Stout; curious, always curious, listening intently to all of the music of the universe; great-grandfather of Marley; grandfather of Ruth, Adrian, Seth, Jacob, Carina, Dalton, Lucy, Garrison, Stella, and Annie; father of Allen (Suzanne), Allise, Jennifer (Vance), Sam (Yvonne), Amos (Lari), and Jon (Mary); husband of Katherine (love without limit and without end). Weatherford Mortuary in charge of the arrangements. An on-line guestbook can be signed at www.weatherfordmortuary.com.
Join the club!
Most of our stories are free, brought to you by Oak Ridge Today with help from our members—advertisers, subscribers, and sponsors.
But some are premium content, available only to members. Those are in-depth, investigative, or exclusive stories that are available only on Oak Ridge Today. They generally require at least four hours to report, write, and publish.
You can subscribe for as little as $5 per month.
You can read more about your options here.
We currently offer five primary subscription options to readers, and they include benefits.
- Basic monthly subscription ($5 per month)—access premium content
- Basic annual subscription ($60 per year)—access premium content
- Pro monthly subscription ($10 per month)—access premium content, get breaking news emails first, and submit one press release or public service announcement per month
- Pro annual subscription ($100 per year)—save $20 per year, access premium content, get breaking news emails first, and submit one press release or public service announcement per month
We also have advanced subscription options. You can see them here.
We also accept donations. You can donate here.
If you prefer to send a check for a subscription or donation, you may do so by mailing one to:
Oak Ridge Today
P.O. Box 6064
Oak Ridge, TN 37831
Thank you for your consideration and for reading Oak Ridge Today. We appreciate your support.
We welcome comments, but we ask you to follow a few guidelines:
1) Please use your real name, including last name. Please also use a valid e-mail address.
2) Be civil. Don't insult others, attack their character, or get personal.
3) Stick to the issues.
4) No profanity.
5) Keep your comments to a reasonable length and to a reasonable number per article.
We reserve the right to remove any comments that violate these guidelines. Comments held for review, usually from those posting for the first time, may not post if they violate these guidelines. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Thank you also for reading Oak Ridge Today and for participating in the discussion.
More information is available here.
A notice of a memorial ceremony for James Cox, founder of Little Ponderosa Zoo and Rescue, posted by the zoo. There will be an outdoor memorial ceremony for James Michael Cox, founder of the Little Ponderosa Zoo and … [Read More...]
James Cox (Photo via Anderson County Sheriff's Office on Facebook) James Cox, the founder of Little Ponderosa Zoo and Rescue in Anderson County, died Tuesday. The cause of his death wasn't clear, although the zoo … [Read More...]
Lynn Freeny (Photo courtesy U.S. Department of Energy) Ross Lynn Freeny, a U.S. Department of Energy photographer who helped document current and historic activities in Oak Ridge, died on January 14. He was … [Read More...]
David Lane Mason, 79, of Oak Ridge, Tennessee, passed away on Monday January 4, 2021, from COVID-19 complications at the University of Tennessee Medical Center. David was a nuclear physicist and community advocate for … [Read More...]
Hetty Louise Karels van Eek and John (Jan) Herman van Eek (Submitted photos) Oak Ridge: Hetty Louise Karels van Eek, age 88; John (Jan) Herman van Eek, age 90 Best friends and soulmates, Hetty passed away on … [Read More...]
- Register online now for ORICL summer courses
- Roane State to host COVID-19 vaccination clinics in Oak Ridge for students & employees
- ORAU will support COVID-19 communications for CDC Office of Minority Health & Health Equity
- ORHS Cheerleading Breakfast Fundraiser is May 1
- Roane State One Stop resumes in-person student services
- Virtual talks on Weinberg and his archived papers on Apr. 20
- One person flown to hospital, in critical condition after rollover crash
- ASAP has Virtual Information and Resource Fair
- Man wanted in Ohio hides in Oak Ridge church, but K-9 finds him
- Governor authorizes $10,000 reward in Thomas Thrasher death investigation