No injuries were reported and a dog was rescued from a fire in an apartment building on Florida Avenue in late January, firefighters said.
The fire in a four-unit apartment building was reported at about 9:43 p.m. Thursday, January 31, the Oak Ridge Fire Department said.
The first firefighting unit was at the building within minutes and found heavy fire and smoke coming from the building, the ORFD said.
“Fire crews ensured all occupants were out of the building and initiated fire attack,” the ORFD said. “One crew also rescued a dog from the apartment that was on fire. The dog was unharmed.”
All of the tenants were displaced, and the Red Cross was notified for assistance, the ORFD said.
The cause of the fire was determined to be unattended cooking.
“No additional information is available for release at this time,” the ORFD said.
More information will be added as it becomes available.
Most news stories on Oak Ridge Today are free, brought to you by Oak Ridge Today with help from our advertisers, contributors, and subscribers. This is a free story. Thank you to our advertisers, contributors, and subscribers. You can see what we cover here.
Do you appreciate this story or our work in general? If so, please consider a monthly subscription to Oak Ridge Today. See our Subscribe page here. Thank you for reading Oak Ridge Today.
Copyright 2019 Oak Ridge Today. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.