There is a community open house for the draft City Blueprint Plan at Oak Ridge High School this afternoon. The open house is scheduled from 3:45 to 5:30 p.m. today (Tuesday, February 5).
There is a second open house scheduled from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, February 7, at Grove Theater at 123 Randolph Road.
The Oak Ridge Municipal Planning Commission and the Oak Ridge Community Development Department are continuing to accept citizen feedback while finalizing the content of the City Blueprint Plan, a press release said. It’s meant to be a citywide vision and guide for future growth and development in Oak Ridge.
The Plan identifies the important issues that affect the community, desired goals and outcomes, and action steps that can be prioritized by city leaders each year, based on resources, the press release said.
“In order to be an inclusive and successful tool for decision-makers and stakeholders, the City Blueprint must also demonstrate broad community input and support,” the release said. “Everyone is encouraged to provide feedback as the draft Blueprint approaches adoption.”
There are several opportunities for public review and comment:
- Attend a Planning Commission work session or regular meeting, most Thursdays at 5:30 p.m. View meeting agendas here: http://oakridgetn.gov/boardsandcommissions.aspx?Planning-Commission.
- Visit the City Blueprint website to take online surveys and share information with others: http://oakridgetn.gov/online/blueprint.
- Leave a written comment card at the Blueprint display boards located in the lobbies of the Library, Chamber of Commerce, and Utility Business Office.
- View more information and add comments in the Blueprint Room, a dedicated space located in the Community Development office at the Municipal Building (during regular business hours).
- Attend a Community Open House to view a more complete draft Plan before it is approved by the Planning Commission and speak with Planning Staff and Planning Commission members.
- Tuesday, February 5, 2019, at Oak Ridge High School from 3:45 to 5:30 p.m
- Thursday, February 7, 2019, at Grove Theater, 123 Randolph Road, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Make a request for Planning Staff to give a brief presentation to your community group or organization.
Contact the Community Development Department for special accommodation and assistance with input or participation.
For more information on the Oak Ridge City Blueprint project, contact the Community Development Department at (865) 425-3531 or visit http://oakridgetn.gov/online/blueprint.
More information will be added as it becomes available.
Most news stories on Oak Ridge Today are free, brought to you by Oak Ridge Today with help from our advertisers, contributors, and subscribers. This is a free story. Thank you to our advertisers, contributors, and subscribers. You can see what we cover here.
Do you appreciate this story or our work in general? If so, please consider a monthly subscription to Oak Ridge Today. See our Subscribe page here. Thank you for reading Oak Ridge Today.
Copyright 2019 Oak Ridge Today. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.