The Oak Ridge Recreation and Parks Department will extend open hours at the outdoor pool on Providence Road into the month of August. The schedule is as follows:
- Monday-Friday: 100 meter lap swim, 9 a.m.-12 p.m.*
- Monday-Friday: Kiddie/Shallow open swim, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.*
- Wednesdays: After school open swim, 3 p.m.-8 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: Open swim, 10 a.m.-7 p.m.
*The 100 meter lap swim and kiddie pool will be closed for a special event on August 1, 2018.
Please note that hours are subject to change based on participation of swimmers. The last day of the season for open swim will be August 18. Additional events during the month include:
- August 1: Senior Citizens’ Day, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- August 18: Movie Night at the Pool, gates open at 9 p.m. (Showing “Wonder,” a fundraiser for teacher supplies)
- August 19: Puppy Pool Party, 4 p.m.-6 p.m.
The pool is at 172 Providence Road, near Oak Ridge High School. It is fed by spring water and considered one of the largest in the nation. Depths range from zero to 13.5 feet. There are 25-meter and 100-meter courses, as well as an offshore island, a shallow water pool with a fountain for young children, and a large grassy beach area.
For more information on aquatics programs, facilities, and operating hours through the City’s Recreation and Parks Department, call the Civic Center front desk at (865) 425-3450 or visit the department’s website at http://orrecparks.oakridgetn.gov/.
More information will be added as it becomes available.
Most news stories on Oak Ridge Today are free, brought to you by Oak Ridge Today with help from our advertisers, contributors, and subscribers. This is a free story. Thank you to our advertisers, contributors, and subscribers.
Do you appreciate this story or our work in general? If so, please consider a monthly subscription to Oak Ridge Today. See our Subscribe page here. Thank you for reading Oak Ridge Today.
Copyright 2018 Oak Ridge Today. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.