All students new to Oak Ridge Schools need to register at their respective schools from Monday, July 9, to Wednesday, July 20, from 9 a.m. to noon. Parents who pre-registered kindergartners in May also need to complete the registration process on those dates, a press release said.
Registration for new students in grades 9-12 will be made by appointment only, the press release said. For more information regarding high school registration, contact the registrar at (865) 425-9524. Information necessary for new student registration includes the following:
- Child’s birth certificate (a certified copy for school records, not the hospital copy or mother’s copy)
- Child’s Social Security number (optional)
- Health insurance provider
- The Tennessee Department of Health Certificate of Immunization available from your doctor or Health Department consisting of two parts:
- Immunizations — A Tennessee Department of Health Certificate of Immunization form showing the complete dates (month, day, and year) immunizations were administered.
- Health Examination — A physical examination is required for all children entering Tennessee schools (K-12). Oak Ridge Schools require a physical examination current since January 1 of the year the student will enter kindergarten. Students entering the seventh grade will also need to provide proof of the T-dap immunization.
- Grades 1-12 only — Provide the name, address, and phone number of the school(s) where your child previously attended or provide report cards or withdrawal forms.
For additional information, parents and/or students should contact their respective school or the Oak Ridge Schools Pupil Services Department at (865) 425-9009.
Elementary students who will be returning to the same schools they attended last year will not have to register at school, the press release said. Students who have moved to another Oak Ridge school should contact the new school. All parents and pupils will be notified of room assignment by mail before Monday, July 31, the first day of school.
Middle school orientation
Jefferson Middle School — An orientation program for incoming fifth-grade students will be held in the Jefferson Little Theater on Friday, July 27, starting at 8:30 a.m. and ending at 10:30 a.m. Bus service will not be provided. A new student orientation for sixth-, seventh-, and eighth-grade students attending Jefferson Middle School will be held on Thursday, July 26, between 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. Students attending this orientation should report to the guidance department.
Robertsville Middle School – An orientation program for incoming fifth-graders and sixth-grade, seventh-grade, and eighth-grade students new to Robertsville will be held on Friday, July 27, from 8:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. in the auditorium. No bus service will be provided, the press release said.
More information will be added as it becomes available.
Most news stories on Oak Ridge Today are free, brought to you by Oak Ridge Today with help from our advertisers, contributors, and subscribers. This is a free story. Thank you to our advertisers, contributors, and subscribers.
Do you appreciate this story or our work in general? If so, please consider a monthly subscription to Oak Ridge Today. See our Subscribe page here. Thank you for reading Oak Ridge Today.
Copyright 2018 Oak Ridge Today. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.