A new Oak Ridge fund seeks to make Oak Ridge the premier living and working community in Tennessee, a press release said.
The Oak Ridge Fund for Achieving Community Excellence, or ORFACE, is a newly established affiliate fund of East Tennessee Foundation, the press release said.
“ORFACE will help shape Oak Ridge’s future by reinforcing our established role in science, enriching the programs and tradition of excellence in our public school system, and stimulating economic development, and by including all our citizens in contributing to and benefiting from this community,” the release said. “It is intended to inspire us to imagine creative, distinctive, and ambitious community projects and to motivate our entities and organizations to collaborate on achieving those projects.
“We begin with a modest endowment and will make our first grants as Oak Ridge is celebrating its 75th anniversary. We will continue to build our endowment by ongoing gifts and from bequests by those who want to build excellence in Oak Ridge beyond their lifetimes.”
“We are preparing for an exciting first year.”
There will be a press conference to announce the fund formation at 11 a.m.m Thursday, December 7, in the Oak Ridge High School atrium.
The press release said the Oak Ridge Fund for Achieving Community Excellence seeks to make Oak Ridge the premier living and working community in Tennessee by:
- Building on our legacy of achievement in science, education and community
- Including all our citizens in contributing to and benefiting from our community
- Identifying and serving as trustees for those who want to invest in Oak Ridge’s future
- Motivating our many entities and organizations to collaborate in achieving significant goals
- Identifying distinctive projects and issues that need improvement
- Providing grants to support these efforts