Tuesday is the deadline to apply for free home energy upgrades through the Make Oak Ridge Energy Efficient, or MORE2, program.
MORE2 has provided more than 80 upgrades to Oak Ridge homes at no cost to homeowners since May 2016, according to Aid to Distressed Families of Appalachian Counties, or ADFAC.
“With only a short time remaining in the program, team members are emphasizing the deadline for applications as August 1, 2017,” ADFAC said.
To assist Oak Ridge residents in this last opportunity to apply, the MORE2 team is hosting a “Sign Up” walk-in application event at ADFAC from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday, July 31. ADFAC is in Room 203 at 1051 Oak Ridge Turnpike. Reservations for appointments are not required.
“Team members will be on hand to provide additional information and to assist in application submittal,” ADFAC said.
Anyone who plans to attend the “Sign Up” event will need to bring the following:
- Completed page 1 and page 2 of this application.
- Proof of current total monthly household income from occupants (i.e. previous year’s federal income tax return, pay stubs from the last 30 days, and/or an annual benefits statement for the current year)
- Proof of payment of previous year’s city and county property taxes
- Proof of homeownership/warranty deed
- Photo identification of residents
- Most recent electric bill (home must have electric heat as main heat source)
- Bank statements from last three months
Rented homes must also submit:
- Fully completed page 3 of application (FOR RENTAL PROPERTIES ONLY)
In addition, the online application process will be active through July 31 and can be found by visiting www.makeoree.com/reserve-application/ or by calling (865) 375-4656.
MORE2, a program funded through the Tennessee Valley Authority, has provided a variety of upgrades to Oak Ridge homes that have included energy-efficient equipment such as heating ventilation and air conditioners, water heaters, windows, attic, floor and wall insulation, and much more, ADFAC said.