Their last home meet, the Wildcat Relays, was last week, and the Oak Ridge track and field team is competing in the Section 1 AAA Championship at Hardin Valley Academy today (Saturday, May 13).
The top four finishers in the sectional events qualify for the state championship meet.
Oak Ridge qualified for the sectional in most events, including all relays, distance and sprint events, hurdles and throws, and girls’ high jump, long jump, pole vault, and triple jump, Oak Ridge Coach Allen Etheridge said.
The sectional includes Region 1 and Region 2, Etheridge said.
He said the Wildcats didn’t do particularly well at the Wildcat Relays on May 5 at Oak Ridge High School, but they had done well the week before at the William Blount Invitational.
Here are top five finishes from last week on a cold, rainy day at the Wildcat Relays:
- Sophomore Kate Hausladen—1st in the girls 100-meter hurdles with a time of 17.63.
- Freshman Jessie Strader—1st in the girls 1,600-meter run with a time of 5:56.61.
- Freshman Loleita Cruz—5th in the girls 200-meter dash with a time of 29.41.
- Girls 4×100-meter relay—2nd with a time of 52.41.
- Girls 4×200-meter relay—2nd with a time of 1:48.85.
- Girls 4×400-meter relay—2nd with a time of 4:39.61.
- Freshman Erin Van Berkel—1st in the girls discus with a throw of 102-04.25.
- Senior Kayla Summers—4th in the girls discus with a throw of 95-03.50.
- Sophomore Jada Guinn—2nd in the girls high jump at 4-08.00.
- Junior Robyn Wood—4th in the girls high jump at 4-06.00.
- Senior Kayla Summers—1st in the girls shot put with a throw of 34-07.00.
- Girls 800-meter sprint medley relay—2nd with a time of 2:00.72.
- Girls sprint medley relay—2nd with a time of 4:43.73.
- Sophomore Sam Helper—3rd in the girls triple jump at 29-01.00.
- Freshman Carson Hope—3rd in the boys 110-meter hurdles with a time of 17.24.
- Sophomore Dalton Morgan—5th in the boys 1,600-meter run with a time of 4:58.78.
- Junior Nathan Carter—4th in the boys 200-meter dash with a time of 25.12.
- Senior Braun Parton—4th in the boys 400-meter dash with a time of 57.20.
- Senior Kendrick Byrd—5th in the boys 400-meter dash with a time of 57.94.
- Boys 4×100-meter relay—1st with a time of 44.32 (the fastest time this year by 0.5 second).
- Boys 4×200-meter relay—4th with a time of 1:35.79.
- Boys 4×400-meter relay—3rd with a time of 3:44.23.
- Boys distance medley relay—2nd with a time of 11:15.29.
- Freshman Tyrell Romano—2nd in the boys long jump at 18-06.00.
- Boys 800-meter sprint medley relay—4th with a time of 1:44.85.
- Boys sprint medley relay—1st with a time of 4:00.78.
- Junior Shirod Graham—4th in the boys triple jump at 35-07.00.
- Freshman Carson Hope—5th in the boys triple jump at 34-04.00.
Besides Oak Ridge, other schools competing at the Wildcat Relays were Alcoa, Alvin C. York Institute, Anderson County, Bearden, Farragut, Gatlinburg-Pittman, Heritage, Maryville, Powell, West, and William Blount.
You can see the complete results of the Wildcat Relays here.
You can follow the results of today’s Section 1 AAA Championship at HVA here.
More information will be added as it becomes available.
See more photos here.
Do you appreciate this story or our work in general? If so, please consider a monthly subscription to Oak Ridge Today. See our Subscribe page here. Thank you for reading Oak Ridge Today.
Copyright 2017 Oak Ridge Today. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Leave a Reply