The Robertsville Middle School Technology Student Association competed in the 2017 East Tennessee Regional Conference at Roane State Community College in Harriman on Friday, January 27. The RMS regional team consisted of 22 students from sixth grade to eighth grade.
RMS students began preparing for this competition in early fall.
The following students placed in the top three in their events on January 27:
- Catapult (Jaxon Adams, Emily Cantrell, Garrett Cantrell, Brandon Hernandez)
- Challenging Technology Issues (Joe Blair, Lauren Young)
- Children’s Stories (Joe Blair, Kira Palau, Caitlin Pendley, Savanna Rouse, Elana Sampsel, Claire Thornton)
- Medical Technology (Lilah Brown, Camden Mlekodaj, Gabe Oldham, Evelyn Pendley, Aidan Seay)
- Promotional Marketing (Tanner Brown)
- Biotechnology (Brandon Hernandez, Gabe Oldham, Caitlin Pendley, Evelyn Pendley)
- Digital Photography (Brian Fuson)
- Prepared Speech (Lauren Young)
- Forensic Technology (Lilah Brown, Gabe Oldham)
- Prepared Speech (Emily Cantrell)
- Promotional Marketing (Caitlin Pendley)
- Tech Bowl (Emily Cantrell, Tyler Dunham, Aidan Seay)
Also competing were Aidan Hilliard, Sam Livesay, and Abby Magee.
The continued success of RMS TSA would not be possible without the leadership of our Volunteer Advisor Team, a press release said.
“These individuals give countless hours of guidance to Robertsville students,” the press release said. “The Volunteer Advisor Team consists of Bob and Janet Cushman, Angi and Chuck Agle, Angie Palau, and Michele Thornton. The RMS staff advisor is Todd Livesay.”
The RMS TSA chapter will spend the next few months focusing on preparation for the upcoming TSA State Conference in Chattanooga on April 6-8.
More information will be added as it becomes available.
This press release was submitted by Holly Cross.
Do you appreciate this story or our work in general? If so, please consider a monthly subscription to Oak Ridge Today. See our Subscribe page here. Thank you for reading Oak Ridge Today.
Copyright 2016 Oak Ridge Today. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.