CITY OF OAK RIDGE
EMERGENCY SOLUTIONS GRANT (ESG)
(JULY 1, 2016 – JUNE 30, 2017)
The City of Oak Ridge’s Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) funds must be used to accomplish the following Tennessee Housing Development Agency (THDA) and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) objectives:
- To help improve the quality of emergency shelters for homelessness;
- To help meet the costs of operating and maintaining emergency shelters;
- To provide essential services so that homeless individuals have access to the assistance they need to improve their situation;
- To provide street outreach services to the homeless; and
- To provide emergency intervention assistance and rapid re-housing services to prevent homelessness and to obtain permanent housing.
The application seeks to aid interested, public (social) service sub-recipients whose goals align with local priorities and also demonstrate the ability to meet the following requirements as outlined in the grant application. The total amount awarded to any applicant shall not exceed $46,697.24:
- Provide a dollar-for-dollar match for the ESG Program grant award amount;
- Be a member organization of the Tennessee Coalition to End Homelessness (TVCH);
- Certification of participation with the Continuum of Care (CoC); and
- Alignment with the CoC’s strategies for preventing and ending homelessness, creating housing stability, and coordination with other local organizations that are planning and carrying out activities related to homelessness prevention and rapid re-housing.
Instructions for this application submission are included with the application package and available at, http:// www.oakridgetn.gov/images/uploads/Documents/CDBG/OakRidge_Subrecipient_ESG_Application2016.pdf. All of the information requested must be provided in order for applications to be considered valid. The completed applications must be received by 12:00 p.m. (local time), April 7, 2016. Please submit one copy of the application, and all supporting information to:
City of Oak Ridge
Community Development Department 200 S. Tulane Avenue
Oak Ridge, TN 37830
Attn: Sherith Colverson
Additional information and the 2016 application can be found on the Tennessee Housing Development (THDA) website at https://thda.org/business-partners/esg.