The Oak Ridge Wildcats went 3-2 in the Kevin Calia Tournament at home on Friday and Saturday.
The Wildcats beat Cookeville 5-4 and Kingston 11-4 on Friday, but lost to Webb 6-4 that day. Oak Ridge defeated Union County 8-7 on Saturday afternoon, but lost to William Blount 7-5 that evening.
See more photos of the Oak Ridge-Union County game below.
The Wildcats (9-4, 3-2 District 3-AAA) were defeated 7-2 at Gibbs on Monday, and will play the Eagles (6-4, 4-3) again at home this evening (Tuesday, March 29). That game starts at 5:30 p.m. at the Oak Ridge Baseball Complex.
The Wildcats will play at Rhea County (4-7, 2-1 District 6-AAA) at 5:30 p.m. Thursday.
Here’s a look at the season results before the Kevin Calia Tournament:
- Tuesday, March 15—Oak Ridge beats Halls 5-1
- Wednesday, March 16—Oak Ridge loses at Halls 16-11
- Friday March 18 (Clinton Invitational in Clinton)—Oak Ridge beats Campbell County 13-2
- Saturday, March 19 (Seqouyah Tournament)—Oak Ridge beats Stone Memorial 14-4
- Saturday, March 19 (Seqouyah Tournament)—Oak Ridge beats Harriman 8-2
- Monday, March 21—Oak Ridge beats Clinton 11-6
- Tuesday, March 22—Oak Ridge beats the Dragons at Clinton 6-4
Here are the district standings:
- Karns 5-0 (in district games),
- Anderson County 5-1,
- Oak Ridge 4-2,
- Gibbs 3-3,
- Powell 3-3,
- Halls 1-2,
- Clinton 1-4,
- Central 0-2, and
- Campbell County 0-3.
See the Wildcats’ baseball schedule here.
More information will be added as it becomes available.
Copyright 2016 Oak Ridge Today. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.