UCOR, the U.S. Department of Energy’s cleanup contractor for the Oak Ridge Reservation, presented awards to seven small businesses at its annual Small Business Awards ceremony, held Monday, July 27, at the Double Tree Hotel in Oak Ridge.
The categories and winners are:
- Small Business of the Year—Allstate Trailers Inc.
- Small Disadvantaged Business—Elvado Environmental LLC
- HUBZone Small Business—Hubbard Trucking Company Inc.
- Woman-Owned Small Business: Edwards Supply Company Inc.
- Veteran-Owned Small Business—Strata-G Staffing Services Inc.
- Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business—A-Z Office Solutions LLC
- Customer Service Award—Company Wrench Ltd.
“We are grateful for the excellent support we receive from all the small businesses that are helping us accomplish the formidable task of cleaning up the East Tennessee Technology Park,” said Ken Rueter, UCOR president and project manager. “Small businesses are an integral part of our team, and we are pleased to recognize these seven that have gone above and beyond during the past year.”
UCOR presents these awards annually to single out companies with exceptional performance, according to Karen Reeve, UCOR small business manager.
“Although we recognized seven subcontractors this year, there are many other small businesses performing outstanding work,” Reeve said. “We are very pleased to recognize the high level of skills and services these companies provide.”
Copyright 2015 Oak Ridge Today. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.