The Friends of the Oak Ridge Public Library will sponsor local writers and authors at the Secret City Festival this weekend.
The Secret City Festival is Friday, June 12, and Saturday, June 13.
The authors will be in Room C of the Oak Ridge Civic Center (next door to the Oak Ridge Historical Preservation Association) autographing and selling their books at the following times:
Friday, June 13
- 11 a.m.-2:30 p.m.: Condon Clough and Adele Roberts
- 2:30-6 p.m.: Wes Sims, Bobby Copeland
Saturday, June 14
- 10 a.m.-2 p.m.: Patricia Hope, Leisa Lake, Eva Wyke, Donna Martin
- 2-6 p.m.: Lindsey Freeman, Denita Ashley
Featured authors and the books they will be sharing include:
- Donna Martin, “The Story Catcher”
- Condon Clough, “The Oliver Springs Hotel”
- Eva Wyke, “Fiddler of the Mountains”
- Bobby Copeland, “The Way it Was”
- Wes Sims, “When Night Comes”
- Patricia Hope, “Tennessee Women of Vision and Courage; Remember September Poetry Prompts”
- Dee Dee Ashley, “Murder by the Springs”
- Leisa Lake, “A Place for Lovers”
- Lindsey Freeman, “Longing for the Bomb”
- Adele Roberts, “The Adventures of Sammy the Skunk”
The Friends of the Library, or FOL, is a nonprofit organization that holds used book sales, sponsors a summer reading program for children, sponsors a book club, and takes part in other activities, all to benefit the Oak Ridge Public Library. Membership forms are available in the Library Lobby and will be available during the Secret City Festival.
Additional information about FOL is available from President Nancy Hardin at [email protected]. Donations of books, puzzles, CDs, audiocassettes, DVDs, and other publications are welcome any time.
The Secret City Festival is designated a Top 20 Event for 2014 by the Southeast Tourism Society. For concert tickets and more information, visit www.secretcityfestival.com.