Information from WYSH Radio
A Tuesday morning fire destroyed a house in Andersonville but injured no one, according to the Anderson County Sheriff’s Department.
Deputies were among those who responded to a fire at 334 Brooks Gap Road shortly after 7 a.m. Tuesday. When deputies arrived, they found crews from the Andersonville Volunteer Fire Department battling the blaze, which had completely engulfed the structure.
The home’s owner, Darryl Webber, told officials that his father had passed away last year and left him the house, which he said he checked on every day to make sure it was okay, adding that three lights were continuously left on inside the home.
The fire was called in by Webber’s aunt—who lives next door—after she went outside to have her coffee and saw smoke and fire coming from the air-conditioning unit. She, too, said that she checked on the house on a regular basis.
While firefighters were battling the blaze, several rounds of ammunition inside discharged, but no one was injured. Investigators said that faulty wiring in the 40-year-old home was to blame for the fire.
Information in this story brought to you through a news-sharing agreement between Oak Ridge Today and WYSH. See more local news headlines on the WYSH website at http://www.wyshradio.com/local_news.html.