The Oak Ridge Board of Education will consider the proposed budget for the fiscal year that starts July 1 during a meeting tonight (Tuesday, May 26). It’s the first of two readings of the budget, and tonight’s meeting will include a public hearing.
Also tonight, the school board will consider balanced calendar options for the 2016-2017 school year. Three options have been presented. See the three options here: Oak Ridge Schools 2016-2017 Balanced Calendar, Oak Ridge Schools 2016-2017 Balanced Calendar B, and Oak Ridge Schools 2016-2017 Balanced Calendar B V2.
In other business tonight, the Board of Education will consider:
- selecting a student board member,
- approving an elementary grading policy that is in line with a recently adopted board policy for the 2015-2016 school year,
- partnering with SkoolLive to install digital kiosks at both middle schools and the high school (poll results have been sent to the board for their review),
- approving the Oak Ridge Schools Discipline Code Handbook for 2015-2016, and
- allowing Oak Ridge Schools Preschool to apply for the Voluntary Pre-K Grant for the 2015-2016 school year.
Also during tonight’s meeting, the Board of Education could discuss renaming the Oak Ridge Alternative Program as the Secret City Academy. See that story here.
The meeting starts at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 26, in the Board Room at the Robert J. Smallridge School Administration Building at 304 New York Avenue.
See the agenda here.
See the budget proposal as of May 13 here.