The Oak Ridge Farmers Market opened for the season on Saturday, April 18. Its the market’s 39th season.
The market will be open from 8 a.m. to noon on Saturdays in Historic Jackson Square. It will also be open on Wednesdays beginning May 6.
Here’s what’s new at the market this year:
- Senior Day every Wednesday! Seniors over the age of 60 get 5 percent off their purchases at the Oak Ridge Farmers’ Market.
- FARM Fan Club—Members receive text reminders and shopping rewards. To sign up, visit the website at www.EastTNFarmMarkets.org.
- Kids’ Day, May 23, from 9-11:30 a.m., with live farm animals, crafts, games, and a FARM scavenger hunt for children ages 5 to 12!
See this story for more information.
Also on Saturday, the University of Tennessee Arboretum Society is having its 48th annual Spring Plant Sale on Saturday, April 18. The sale is scheduled from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the UT Arboretum at 901 South Illinois Avenue in Oak Ridge.
Here are pictures by Julio Culiat of those two events by Julio Culiat.
Some other events still scheduled for Saturday afternoon and Sunday are:
- Shop the Historic Grove Center Day is Saturday
- SIRA Regatta at Oak Ridge Rowing Course
- Youth Showcase, Auction helps Child Advocacy Center on Saturday
- Oak Ridge Symphony presents ‘International Flavors’ on Saturday
- Civil rights author to speak at Haley Farm on Sunday, April 19
- Oak Ridge Wind Ensemble plays Sunday at ORHS
Learn more on the Meetings and Events page on Oak Ridge Today.