Information from WYSH Radio
A family was displaced after a fire at a mobile home Saturday night. The fire was reported just before 8:30 p.m. Saturday at 1042 East Wolf Valley Road, and authorities reported that no one was home at the time.
A neighbor who shares a driveway with the home owned by Jennifer Neal saw flames and called 911, and Neal returned home after being notified of the blaze. She told investigators and firefighters that she had left at around 6 p.m. and that her children had not been there all day. Neal said she could not think of anything that could have started the fire.
Firefighters told sheriff’s deputies that the fire is believed to have been sparked by a portable space heater in a bathroom of the mobile home.
The blaze was extinguished by the Andersonville Volunteer Fire Department with assistance from the Norris, Claxton, and Medford fire departments.
No injuries were reported.