With the exception of students at Willow Brook and the Preschool, all students who are new to Oak Ridge elementary and middle schools need to register at their schools from 9 a.m. to noon Monday, July 28, to Wednesday, July 30, a press release said.
Parents who pre-registered kindergartners in May also need to complete the registration process on those dates.
Registration for new students in grades 9-12 will be made by appointment only. For more information regarding high school registration, contact the registrar at (865) 425-9524.
The information necessary for new student registration includes the following:
- Child’s birth Certificate (a certified copy for school records, not the hospital copy or mother’s copy)
- Child’s Social Security number (optional)
- Health insurance provider
- The Tennessee Department of Health Certificate of Immunization available from your doctor or Health Department consisting of two parts:
- Immunizations—A Tennessee Department of Health Certificate of Immunization form showing the complete dates (month, day, and year) immunizations were administered.
- Health Examination—A physical examination is required for all children entering Tennessee schools (K-12). Oak Ridge Schools require a physical examination that is current since January 1 of the year the student will enter kindergarten.
- Grades 1-12 only—Provide the name, address, and phone number of the school(s) where your child previously attended or provide report cards or withdrawal forms.
For more information, parents and/or students should contact their respective school or the Oak Ridge Schools Pupil Services Department at (865) 425-9009. Elementary students who will be returning to the same schools they attended last year will not have to register at school. Students who have moved to another Oak Ridge school should contact the new school. All parents and pupils will be notified of room assignment by mail before Monday, August 11, the first day of school.
Middle school orientation
Jefferson Middle School—An orientation program for incoming fifth-grade students will be held in the Jefferson Little Theater on Friday, August 8, starting at 8:30 a.m. and ending at 10:30 a.m. Bus service will not be provided.
A new student orientation for sixth-, seventh-, and eighth-grade students attending Jefferson Middle School will be held on Thursday, August 7, between 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. Students attending this orientation should report to the guidance department.
Robertsville Middle School—An orientation program for incoming fifth-graders and sixth-, seventh-, and eighth-grade students new to Robertsville will be held on Friday, August 8, from 8:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. in the auditorium. No bus service will be provided.
More information on the school openings is available here: Oak Ridge Schools Opening 2014-15.