- Start planning now for two days of activities to celebrate more than 70 years of Oak Ridge’s history. From 11:30 a.m. on Friday, June 13, until the concerts are over, there is something for everyone.
- Remember there is no parking onsite at the festival! Plan to park at the City Center and take a free shuttle over to the festival. For a map of available parking near the Secret City Festival, visit http://www.secretcityfestival.com/festival-411/parking/.
- Be sure to visit the Secret City Festival website (www.secretcityfestival.com) to plan your weekend. You will find all event information, tour schedules, and concert information here.
- Concerts are festival seating—don’t forget your lawn chairs for the best views and most comfortable seating. Gates open at 5:30 p.m. each evening to claim your seat.
- No backpacks or coolers will be allowed in the concert area, so you will want to leave those items in your vehicle. All bags will be searched prior to entry.
- Have your ID with you if you plan to purchase beer at the concerts.
- While most activities are free—there’s plenty for you to purchase as souvenirs. Remember there are no ATMs on the festival grounds. You will definitely want to have your cash and credit card ready to purchase arts and crafts, food, drink, and other goodies from local vendors.
- The forecast for the weekend promises sun and heat! Be sure to wear your sunscreen and weather-appropriate clothes to stay cool.
- Don’t forget that the Secret City Festival has activities located across the Center City area from the Oak Ridge Turnpike to Illinois Avenue. There will be plenty of indoor and outdoor activities for everyone in your family! Schedule time to visit everything.
- Connect with Secret City Festival via social media and the new app available for Apple and Android operating systems. This will be your lifeline for information, event schedules, and contests. The Festival can be found on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- To beat the heat and learn about Oak Ridge history, stop in the Civic Center for fantastic displays and conversation with members of the Oak Ridge Heritage and Preservation Association.
- Sing “Two Tickets to Paradise” and “Boot Scootin’ Boogie” at the top of your lungs as you enjoy the high energy performances of Eddie Money on Friday night and Kix Brooks on Saturday night.
Concert tickets for Eddie Money and Kix Brooks may be purchased online at www.SecretCityFestival.com, in person at the Oak Ridge Civic Center or by calling the ticket line at (865) 230-2956.
The 12th annual Secret City Festival is presented by the City of Oak Ridge, the Oak Ridge Convention and Visitors Bureau, and the Arts Council of Oak Ridge. The festival features World War II displays and memorabilia, special events at the American Museum of Science and Energy, a children’s area, arts and crafts vendors, and the Living History demonstration, “A Salute to Soldiers.”