The Oak Ridge Wildcats (7-3) will take on the East Hamilton Hurricanes (8-2) in Chattanooga on Friday in the first round of the Class 5A football playoffs. The game starts at 7 p.m.
Meanwhile, the Anderson County Mavericks (9-1) will stay at home to battle the Cherokee Chiefs (5-5) from Rogersville.
The 2013 playoff brackets were announced Saturday morning by the Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association, or TSSAA. The Class 5A bracket is available here.
Other teams in the region in the Class 5A bracket include South Doyle, Campbell County, Gibbs, Knoxville West, Rhea County, and Lenoir City.
Farragut (6-4), which is is the Class 6A bracket, will play Science Hill (8-2) in Johnson City.
More information is available on the TSSAA website.
Here are the other Division I brackets:
- Class 1A—includes Coalfield and Sunbright
- Class 2A—includes Rockwood and Halls
- Class 3A—includes Alcoa, Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg Pittman, and CAK
- Class 4A—includes Fulton, Carter, Scott County, Grainger, and Knoxville Catholic
- Class 6A—includes Farragut, Maryville, and Sevier County
The second round of the playoffs is Nov. 25, the quarterfinals Nov. 22, the semifinals Nov. 29, and the state championship Dec. 6.