Information from WYSH Radio
A woman escaped injury when her mobile home caught fire Tuesday night.
The blaze was reported shortly after 10:15 p.m. Tuesday at a home on Center Valley Road in Marlow, and the occupant, Mildred Campbell, was able to make it out safely. She told investigators that she had smelled what she described as “waxy burn smell” and that her fire alarm then went off.
The property owner told Anderson County Sheriff’s Department deputies that Campbell had recently replaced the bathroom floor, and firefighters from the Marlow Volunteer Fire Department determined that the fire was electrical and had started under that floor. The fire—which has been ruled accidental—caused damage to the floor of the mobile home, which is north of Oak Ridge.